Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Motor Racing Goes Green!

MOTOR RACING GOES GREEN WITH NEW
ZERO-EMISSION ELECTRIC CAR SERIES

EV CUP LEADS THE WAY

The world's first 'green' motor racing series, based totally around zero emission electric cars, has been launched in London, with plans to have cars racing across Europe in 2011.

The pioneering new series, known as the EV (Electric
Vehicles) Cup, is working with vehicle manufacturers to bring together a range of electric-powered cars to race at top circuits throughout Europe.

A new, London-based company, EEVRC Ltd, has been set up to introduce and run this new racing sector, which aims to help the car makers change the image of electric vehicles, from being local runabouts to high-performance, highly-desirable cars.

The EV Cup events initially plan to feature three different sectors of cars. The City and Sports classes will use race-prepared production cars, while the Prototype class will feature innovative new models. Already EV manufacturers THINK, Ginetta, Lightning Car Company and GreenGT have expressed their support for the series.

In 2010, EV Cup will hold a number of promotional events in the UK and mainland Europe, aimed at giving the public and would-be competitors a chance to sample the high power delivery of these innovative, green electric cars.

In 2011, the series is provisionally planning a six-race programme of events at top motor racing circuits in the UK, France and Germany. The organisers will work with the national and world-wide governing bodies to establish a unique, new set of rules for electric cars, with particular emphasis on safety.

Says Managing Director Sylvain Filippi: "We are creating an opportunity for the EV manufacturers to promote their vehicles in a new and exciting way. We want to show that green motor sport is a reality - and an exciting one at that."

The team at EV Cup have a wealth of experience in the motor industry, electric vehicle development and motor sport, all three sectors of which are seen as paramount in making this green concept motor sport take off.

Directors Sylvain Filippi and Andrew Lee have eight years'
experience within the electric vehicle sector. Race Director Grahame Butterworth has more than 30 years experience within motor sport as a competitor, organiser and sponsor. Most recently he introduced the innovative Fun Cup endurance series to the UK, where it is now flourishing.

Further details of the series and photos for download can be viewed at http://www.evcup.com.

Ends

FURTHER GENERAL ORGANISATION INFORMATION:
Sylvain Filippi
Tel: +44 (0)207 812 0578
Email: sfilippi@eevrc.com
Andrew Lee
Tel:+44 (0)207 812 0589
Email: alee@eevrc.com

FURTHER RACE INFORMATION:
Grahame Butterworth
Tel: +44 (0)1427 875900
Email: gbutterworth@eevrc.com
[Distributed by CDWrite on behalf of EEVRC Ltd.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Watch IndyCar Online

Live IndyCar Online

IndyCar Online

live IndyCar Streaming

watch IndyCar online Live

IndyCar Online


Watch Indycar Race Live Streaming Online On Pc Laptop Mac Tablets Windows Or More Digital Devices Click Below Link To Watch Stream.

Unknown said...

I am a new user of this site so here i saw multiple articles and posts posted by this site,I curious more interest in some of them hope you will give more information on this topics in your next articles.
https://kentuckyderbytime.net
what time is the kentucky derby
learn more

Clark Lee said...

I see the greatest contents on your blog and I extremely love reading them.
kentucky derby
kentucky derby live stream
kentucky derby 2018 live stream
ky derby 2018
the kentucky derby

Unknown said...

I see the greatest contents on your blog and I extremely love reading them.
who won the kentucky derby
kentucky derby winners 2018
2018 kentucky derby winners
derby winners

Unknown said...

I see the greatest contents on your blog and I extremely love reading them.
https://kentuckyderbylivestream.org/
live stream link
watch here

Unknown said...

I see the greatest contents on your blog and I extremely love reading them.
nba live stream
nba stream
nba streams

Brian Remmele said...

Through this post, I know that your good knowledge in playing with all the pieces was very helpful. I notify that this is the first place where I find issues I've been searching for. You have a clever yet attractive way of writing.
nba livestream
nba stream live
nba live

NRL State of Origin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I really enjoy simply reading all of your weblogs. Simply wanted to inform you that you have people like me who appreciate your work. Definitely a great post. Hats off to you! The information that you have provided is very helpful.
World Cup live
FIFA World Cup live
World Cup live streaming free

Jacqueline Fernandez said...

Gangaur Realtech is a professionally managed organisation specializing in real estate services where integrated services are provided by professionals to its clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying or investing in real estate.
https://stateoforiginupdates.com/
https://stateoforiginupdates.com/queensland-vs-new-south-wales/
State of Origin Live streaming
Watch State of Origin online
NSW Blues vs QLD Maroons

Clark Lee said...

I finally found great post here.I will get back here. I just added your blog to my bookmark sites. thanks.Quality posts is the crucial to invite the visitors to visit the web page, that's what this web page is providing.

roland garros live
french open live streaming
roland garros live streaming
french open 2018 live streaming

Clark Lee said...

I like viewing web sites which comprehend the price of delivering the excellent useful resource free of charge. I truly adored reading your posting. Thank you!

indy 500 results
Indy 500
Indy 500 Live
Indy 500

NRL State of Origin said...

I finally found great post here.I will get back here. I just added your blog to my bookmark sites. thanks.Quality posts is the crucial to invite the visitors to visit the web page, that's what this web page is providing.
Streaming Link Here
World Cup 2018 Live Coverage
2018 World Cup Live Stream
World Cup 2018 live streaming

Victor Maldonado said...

It is perfect time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I’ve read this post and if I could I desire to suggest you few interesting things or tips. Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article. I want to read more things about it.
Opening Ceremony Live Streaming

Victor Maldonado said...

I am overwhelmed by your post with such a nice topic. Usually I visit your blogs and get updated through the information you include but today’s blog would be the most appreciable, Well done.
world cup 2018 Live stream free

Victor Maldonado said...

Truly, this article is really one of the very best in the history of articles. I am a antique Article collector and I sometimes read some new articles if I find them interesting and I found this one pretty fascinating and it should go into my collection. Very good work.
watch world cup 2018 online

Unknown said...

Truly, this article is really one of the very best in the history of articles. I am a antique Article collector and I sometimes read some new articles if I find them interesting and I found this one pretty fascinating and it should go into my collection. Very good work.
world cup live